Welcome to another edition of Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by our friends over at The Broke and the Bookish!
This weeks question: Top Ten Books I Would Love To See As A Movie/TV Show (set in a perfect world…in which movies don’t butcher the books we love.)
How do I narrow down to only 10?
In no particular order:
1. The Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger
I love these books! Their humor and wit is fun, and wouldn’t you like to see London as a Steampunk heaven filled with paranormal creatures running around? And ooh, the costumes…
2. All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness
Matthew, classy and deadly vampire. England. Magic and libraries. Eye candy for all.
3. Carter Beats the Devil by Glen David Gold
I love books about magicians so I can’t help but think that this film would be amazing! Think along the dark drama of The Prestige.
4. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
Races, an island, deadly horses- Steifvater’s world was made for the theater. I wish, I wish, I wish…
5. Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke
Seriously peeps. Again. Magicians. Old England. Dark magic and a war. It’s easy to see this being an epic film.
6. The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
Lost books, intrigue and a mystery worth dying, and killing, for. I love this book so much and I think, given the right director and vision, this could be the most fantastic film.
7. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
Ghost hunting, gore and more! This would be a killer horror film for teens.
8. Me Before You by JoJo Moyes
And I will weep the entire way through it.
9. The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater
Yes, another Maggie book. And while I know the series isn’t done yet, I can’t help but seeing the cars, the boys, the magic being amazing on screen.
10. New Girl by Paige Harbison
I’m a sucker for Rebecca retellings so of course, I think this would make a great film. An academy by the sea where teenagers can get up to no good. A ghost like figure of an ex girlfriend, death and mystery. Yes, it would be awesome.
What is your TTT this week?