Happy New Year! 2017 is here! I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday break. Today I’m back at work and ready to go! Oh, the new year. Where we all make promises to ourselves that we don’t keep, or kinda keep. ;)
I am like everyone else my friends. To hold myself accountable, at least until I conveniently forget, here is my list of this year’s resolutions.
- Read my books! I have got to stop buying books. I was pretty good last year but I am going to ROCK IT this year. No joke. I’ll be reading mostly the physical books I have laying around my home and kindle books. And only buying books if I have gift cards. There. I’ve said it.
- Save money! I have this little person and now have to be a fiscally responsible adult! (gasp) So I’m going to make it a point to do that.
- Save for a new car! Again, I have this little person now and all of her stuff (stroller) doesn’t really fit into my perfectly sized car (two door). Looks like a change is needed!
- Get in shape! Last year I was preggers so let’s be honest, I was not interested in going to the gym. But this year is different and I’m itching to go back to my gym. Lose some weight, get healthier, feel better! Limiting sugar will be the hardest, but I’m ready for you 2017!
- Knit the projects I have! I went on a crazy yarn buy in December and now I’m thinking – I don’t even knit that fast! So this year I’ll be back on yarn diet. I’m ready to tackle the projects that I have already in line.
- One nice thing a week for a stranger! There is a lot of crazy in the world right now and I want to do my part being kind. I promise to do one nice thing for a stranger every week -whether that is buying them a coffee or holding the door open. One nice thing is not a big deal but it can make a big difference.
- Writing! I miss blogging, and I miss writing my own stuff. I don’t have a lot of free time these days. This year I’m going to focus more on my writing and hope something bites back! I’m also going to blog more! :) Even if I lose sleep to do it! (not that much sleep.)
Do you make resolutions? Do you keep them? What’s on your list?
Happy 2017 everyone!