Welcome to the 2014 TBR Pile Reading Challenge, hosted by Bookish
This upcoming year, I’m focusing on reading books I already own, especially physical ones. I have a bad habit of buying books and then not reading them in a timely fashion. This challenge is really much needed!
So my goal for this challenge is:
1-10 – A Firm Handshake
11-20 – A Friendly Hug
21-30 – First Kiss
31-40 – Sweet Summer Fling
41-50 – Could this be love?
50+ – Married With Children
That means I need to read over 50 books that have been publishing 2013 or earlier. And I’m making the physical books a priority!
Here are the rules:
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2014 – Dec 31, 2014.
- Anyone can enter! You don’t have to be a blogger, as long as you review the book you’ve read! (On your blog, Amazon, Random Buzzers or Goodreads/Shelfari!)
- Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that’s been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Short stories and novellas are OK, too! Only books released in 2013 and earlier! NO 2014 ARCs and 2014 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2013 TBR PILE Reading Challenge. (If you don’t have a blog, post about it on Facebook or Tweet!)
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2014, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- On the 20th of each month we will post a wrap-up post, here, on BOOKISH. Every wrap-up will have it’s unique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from this month. For each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one book of choice from Book Depository. It’s open to INTERNATIONALS. The giveaway will be open until the next wrap up post goes up! (i.e. the entire month)
- If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice – we will be checking ;)
- December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you’ll link up in December will be entered into a GRAND PRIZE giveaway.
- You don’t have to follow Bookish Blog to join the challenge, but you do have to follow us to be entered in giveaways!
You can sign up here.
Wish me luck!
And check back on this post. I’m going to be updating it with my list once 2014 begins!
1. Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles)
4. Forget You
8. Me, Earl & The Dying Girl
12. Never Fade
13. Grave Mercy
14. Storm Watcher
15. The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight
16. Drink Slay Love
17. Dark Triumph
18. Spell Bound
19. School Spirits
24. The Thing About The Truth
25. Masque of the Red Death
26. All These Things I’ve Done
27. Because It Is My Blood
28. Dark Star
31. Daughter of Smoke & Bones
32. Days of Blood & Starlight
36. Some Quiet Place
37. And She Was
38. Of Triton
39. Rose Under Fire
40. First Day On Earth
42. Cold Kiss
44. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
45. Between The Sea and The Sky
46. The Future of Us
47. Every You, Every Me
5/8/2014 – Update- Doing way better than I thought I would be! I think it has to do with focusing on physical books and whole series. :)
6/25/2014 – Update- Still going! Read a lot of physical books so far. Hoping to clear even more out. I really love reading physical books. I miss that, after going through long periods of reading on my kindle!
7/20/2014 – Hmmm, seems I haven’t done a lot for this list so far this month. Will have to correct that! :)